The Blackwing Foundation is dedicated to supporting and developing programs that have a sustainable, positive impact on arts & music education in our nation’s schools.”][/tagline_box]Our mission is to develop and support innovative partnerships that have a sustainable, positive impact on arts and music participation and learning at the K-12 educational level.
To this end we work to:
- Enable unique partnerships to design and implement programs which have a beneficial and lasting impact on students and schools
- Focus on supporting high quality programs that not only inspire students, but develop their knowledge and skills and connect to important curricular objectives
- Expand breadth of programs to cover a growing range of arts and music genres as our resources and new partnership opportunities develop over time
- Help empower local communities to build self-sustaining advocacy efforts and commitment to funding of a widespread arts and music curriculum in their schools.
The Blackwing Foundation develops unique partnerships to design and implement programs which have a distinctive and direct positive impact on student participation and learning in arts and music. We focus on working with schools, talented individuals and organizations with the diverse skills, resources and shared commitment to improving arts education at both the local and national level.
Our current focus is on strengthening and expanding partnerships with qualified individuals, organizations and schools that meet the following two priorities:
- Those who can help us to develop and expand the breadth, reach and quality of the Ignite the Arts tour program on a regional and national basis.
- Northern California based partners to develop and implement innovative age and grade specific K-12 arts education program materials and curriculum initiatives